Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Flav's eFailure

Thanks to the advancements in Internet dating, reality television shows have begun casting online. Flavor of Love 3 took this approach for the final series. Back in September of last year a website was created for anyone and everyone to come and post videos and pictures for casting purposes. Being that I am basically addicted to reality television, I thought I'd give this whole online casting thing a go. Aside from the fact that I was dating someone, the whole online casting was pretty fun. I made a couple of friends on the site and spent an equal amount of time playing around on the casting page as I did on my myspace.

What my experience from this taught me is that the people who get casted from online votes are probably not the “best fit” for their match. People would advertise themselves and have others advertise them as well. It was like an army of people all trying to spam as many comment boards as they could to try to rack in votes.

When you watched (if you didn't catch it already) Flavor Of Love 3's premier, you probably noticed that four out of the five Internet girls were sent home. I believe strongly that this is why. Fans were involved in the voting process, but when you have people sitting around racking in 2,000 votes a day there's not a whole lot you can do to compete with that. Then again, if Flav's television matchmaking wasn't one of the highest rated shows on VH1, who really would go through all this trouble just to date him?

No comments: